Just a quick post to mention that my colleague Professor Joel Mtebe from the University of Dar es Salaam will be presenting at the Centre for Research in Digital Education on 19 May. The presentation Digital teaching and learning at the University of Dar es Salaam before and during the ongoing CoVID-19 pandemic: institutional memory, divides, opportunities, and future directions for HE. All are welcome to attend.
The seminar will be broken into separate yet interrelated themes:
- Past experience at UDSM with digital education, investments and capacity building in ICT, and relevant projects such as Halostudy, a project aimed at improved subject content knowledge of teachers in secondary schools in Tanzania, all of which were drawn on in response to Covid
- How that past experience informed the Covid present, particularly around:
- What it revealed about digital divides within and outwith the UDSM community
- public private engagements with mobile telecoms to potentially alleviate some of these divides through zero-rated access to UDSM digital education
- Future directions for UDSM and for Tanzanian higher education overall based on these experiences.